Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Just a quick update

Salut fellow Bloggers and Blog enthusiasts

I don't have much time to write tonight, but I just want to update everyone on the job hunt and degree front. So that is exactly what I'm going to do, and I promise that within the next few days I will definitely post some in-depth stuff on what's been going on within my head and some topics that have been bugging me. Let's say that you can look forward to some major discussions on current affairs as well some discussions on current reality tv going ons. Because we all know how much of a sucker I am for some good reality tv, and lately it's difficult to actually find some on.

Okay, so I've received a call back from one of the jobs I applied for, but I wasn't home so the human resource woman left a message with my father to have me call her back as soon as to discuss matters. This happened last Wednesday, July 27th. I called back within an hour (Dad had Manda call me right away and gave me the deets) and got the answering machine. Made sense because it was close to 5pm, so I left a message giving a phone number where she could reach me and awaited a call back. Next morning, Mom suggested I call again around 10:30, so I did and same stick. Answering machine, left a message, and wait. Friday I called back, but this time I forgo leaving a message, figuring that two is more than enough. Spent the weekend fretting over the whole ordeal, but tried to get it out of my mind and looked hopeful to the beginning of the week. Such a bad idea, because Monday equaled no word either, and no answer on her phone. That brings us to today. Same thing. But I left a message again, giving my number and stating the fact that I am looking forward to hearing back from her and detailing how and when she can reach me. I am really excited about this company and am really hoping she calls me back because this is exactly the kind of job I'm looking for. I don't want to go into details because I don't really want to chance jinxing anything but it's right up my alley. :)

Now as for my degree, I received an email from the school, stating that I could apply (late) for the November Graduation, that I have all the required credits. Only problem is I either have to drop my minor OR take another Classics course in the Fall semester. So I'm going downtown sometime in the next month or so, (need to make sure the Classics office is open) and request my minor to be dropped. I'm really sad about this, but am not feeling too down because of it. I loved having Classics courses and would adore to have it listed as my minor BUT I really can't afford to take another course and would much rather just drop my minor. Having it listed on my diploma does not really benefit me in the long run anyway especially since I just want to write for a living. I could always just bring up the fact in an interview that I have a strong background in Classics and am one credit away from having it as my minor. I'll have to ask if I can eventually take the course and have it added at a later time.

That's it for today. Night guys!

Peace, Love and Happiness to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment