Monday, August 8, 2011

Now for Something a Little Different

It's Monday! 

Okay, honestly, I am not as excited about the fact that today was Monday as an exclamation mark usually implies. Just think of that exclamation mark as if it is only a half exclamation mark. I'm happy that it's Monday because that means a new week has started and Dad's back at work and out of my hair. But I'm not happy that it is Monday because that means that it is the start of another week where I am jobless and still waiting to hear back from the companies that I applied to. Oh and I actually applied to a few more companies and positions, so fingers crossed that something actually pans out for me!

As promised, I've been considering trying a little something different from what I usually write about. Meaning that I'm actually going to stop moaning and groaning about the goings on in my life and focus on something else. And that, at least for me, means deciding on a Hunk of the Week. :)

For me, and for this week especially, that Hunk could be no one other than the incredibly hott Model, Actor, Producer, Philanthropist, and the 2011 Choice TV Actor in a Fantasy/Sci-Fi show at last night's Teen Choice Awards. Yup yup! I'm talking about none other than Louisiana native,


This man is simply amazing! I mean not only is he incredibly gorgeous to look at (well honestly, who merely looks at the man. It's more like he is incredibly gorgeous to stare and attempt not to drool at), but he is also a great actor, who has an almost magical way of drawing an audience in and making them care about a character even though said character might be incredibly devious and full of ulterior motives. He even makes being a brooding, dark, dangerous and emotional undead vampire seem even more compelling than they normally are. :) All in all, I have to say that this man, just with his acting abilities alone is an exceptional choice for my first choice of Hunk of the Week.  

But it gets even better when he takes his shirt off :-P

Not only is he a fantastic actor, but as a person he is even better! He is actually using his fame and celebrity status as a way to get people involved in helping those around them and the world around them. Not only was he one of the first actors to go down and help with the oil spill cleanup back in 2010. He also posted and filmed PSA's and was constantly tweeting and asking his fans and fellow human beings to get involved in any way, shape or form that they could.

This summer, some are deeming Ian Somerhalder as one of the busiest men in Hollywood. In addition to filming his role on the CW's hit tv show The Vampire Diaries (season 3 set to air onSeptember 15th at 8pm ET, followed by another L.J. Smith book series turned Drama The Secret Circle.) But he has also started the Ian Somerhalder Foundation, (which is a conservation foundation whose mission is to empower, educate and collaborate with people and projects in order to positively impact the planet and the creatures who inhabit it.), filmed a series for Planet Green's Blue August (A week-long series the explores the wonders of the ocean and aquatic life. Hosted on air and online by Ian Somerhalder, and premiering August 21st). He also spoke in front of Congress urging them to fund wildlife conservation, and he later urged his twitter followers to contact congress and express their own desires for wildlife conservation funding.

All this and he still somehow managed to lose to Justin Bieber as Choice Male Hottie, and R.Patz as Choice Vampire.....

Geez What is the world coming to if the current generation of Teens do not recognize Ian Somerhalder as the simply amazing and influential hottie that he is! :-D

 Sneak Peak: I'm currently working on posting something tomorrow about the terrible riots currently happening in London and the surrounding areas. I was greatly troubled to hear about the riots, currently on their third day, especially since there are a lot of innocent bystanders being effected by these riots. My prayers and love goes out to them all!

Peace, Love and Happiness to all! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment